Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let the challenges begin!

Murphy's law, correct? You know what I am talking about. If something is going to go wrong, it will go wrong at the most inopportune time. Here is what has gone against my plan in the past week so far:

  • My dog needed a new set of bowls or accessories to slow his eating. He has been eating so fast that he chokes on his food and it affects him all day. Cost = $34
  • The driver's side view mirror on my vehicle fell off while I was driving down the highway on my way home from work last night. Not the whole thing, just the glass. I never knew how much a driver actually depends on that little mirror until I didn't have one anymore! Cost for a new mirror from Honda = $27 (self installed - hopefully I won't break it). If I want Honda to install it they charge a full hour of labor = $95. I went to AutoZone and got a stick on piece of mirror for $7. If that looks horrible I will spend the $27 on the Honda mirror and keep my fingers crossed that my boyfriend can install it with out breaking it.
  • Gas costs are rising! I have spent $40 since April 1 in gasoline! Ahhh!
I must stay on track but it has been less than a week and I am already having issues keeping to my budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment