Friday, April 9, 2010

No more dish TV!

Today is the last day of fun TV. No more Food Network, TLC, Discovery or History channel. But that is OK. We signed up for Netflix. Of course this "required" me to purchase a Playstation 3 to play the Blu-Ray discs. It was a birthday present for my loving boyfriend who is going to be putting up with my budget for the next year. Good thing is that he loves the Netflix instant streaming concept. All of his favorite old school movies are available for instant viewing!

Dish style TV savings = about $60 a month
Land line phone required by Dish style TV service = about $15 a month
Netflix cost with Blu-Ray upgrade = $11 a month

Sooooo... net savings of about $64 a month!

Yes, I do realize that the Playstation 3 was a bit of an excessive purchase. I tried the plain Blu-Ray route, but my boyfriend was determined to go return it and use the money for the PS3 no matter what I said to try to convince him otherwise. So, a PS3 is what we now have.

On the plus side, the lack of TV options will prompt us to actually do more around the house, exercise, etc. I am excited. I am sure we will have some cravings for Discovery or History channel, but we will get through it!

1 comment: